Tuesday, October 11, 2011

VeganMoFo V: You Could Be a Rainbow...


...instead of a PAINbow.

Hopefully, the Whedon fans appreciated that gem from the first season of Angel.  Ahem.  Speaking of Whedon, have you seen Kelly's totally amazing adorableness that is Buffy Tuesday?  For today's blog, she interviewed me!  Wee!  It's so rare that I get to geek out over this stuff.

In true Mo fashion, the day I decide to do the rainbow thing ran long again.  I was doing a poetry workshop for the kids at Era's school and didn't get home until the sun was hiding behind the mountains.  Boo.  Try to imagine this is full of color.  Also, my neighborhood store didn't order purple cauliflower, so it's missing the v.

saddest rainbow ever..or instagram?
Right there, I've got a bunch of veggies and Isa's sanctuary dip.  Funny thing about that dip...it's AMAZING.  I made it for a party over the summer, and people were freaking out.  I used that stuff to make sandwiches for our Texas road trip...best sandwiches ever!

Tomorrow, I plan to make something from Bobby Flay (my other Food Network love).  I promise to budget my time better.  Off to do a draft for English...

9 comments:

Allysia said...

Loved your nerdy Buffy interview! There seems to be a fairly high proportion of vegans who are into BtVS/Angel, probably because vegans are awesome and so is Joss.

celyn said...

Yum! Sanctuary dip! I'm interested to hear about the poetry workshop.

Jen Treehugger said...

I LOVE your rainbow and your star bowl is ROCKING!!!
:-)

x said...

I love your rainbow post! And I'm going to try that dip, minus the tofu and see how it goes!

T said...

I love sanctuary dip! That is so cute. :)

omgoshimvegan said...

I've never had that dip and now want to make it for breakfast. Is that wrong :). Love the star dish!

Amey said...

oh, I love your rainbow shooting out from behind your star dish!!! It reminds me "The More You Know"

Esther said...

Love the bowl!! Thanks for the link, the dip looks awesome.

Susan said...

I loved your Buffy interview. I love Buffy!

Hee hee hee. The 'Painbow' line is one of my favourite from Angel ever. I use it sometimes too, and then people think I'm crazy because I laugh so much.