Monday, October 17, 2011

VeganMoFo V: MMMM-How to Deal


YES!  This is, in fact, my favorite Mandy Moore movie besides Saved.  I just adore her short brunette hair.  Plus, her love interest is pretty much the kinda boy I longed for in high school: slightly bad, totally misunderstood, with a quiet sensitivity.  Ha.

This movie has it all: teenage pregnancy, divorce, underage drinking, death, blended families, break ups, make ups, a pot smoking grandma, and a car crash!  Oh, and angst all around!  Basically, How to Deal is a movie about Halley Martin (Mandy Moore) and how she copes with a pregnant best friend, divorced parents, and her new boyfriend Macon Forrester (Trent Ford).

this smoothie was amazing!
This was one of the harder dinner and a movie themes.  So, I basically had to go with how I like to deal.  Brinner!  Plus, "brinner" was coined on Scrubs, a show Mandy guest starred in while she was dating Zach Braff.  2-fer!  Haha.

the pizza of my dreams
Granny's Smokin' Green Menu
Macon's Tempeh Bacon and Eggz Breakfast Pizza
Halley Berrrry Smoothie

The menu is simple because I literally made everything in less than an hour during a break in classes.  The pizza is the deep dish crust (my favorite crust EVER!) from 500 Vegan Recipes.  I didn't follow a recipe for the scramble.  Just tofu, turmeric, garlic pepper, parsley, bell pepper, and onion.  I made a super quick tomato sauce and topped the scramble with tempeh bacon and Daiya.

The smoothie is one of those clean out the fridge types.  I threw in some yogurt, the remainder of a can of coconut milk, almond milk, a couple of dates, and some frozen berries.  Holy wow!  That ish was amazing.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm gonna make me another one of those smoothies.

4 comments:

GiGi said...

Right on! Tofu pizza night and a pot smoking grandma,teen pregnancy flick. My kind of night. Oooh haven't looked through that book but the deep dish pizza looks awesome.

KitteeBee said...

You nailed it. Breakfast pizza=whoah.

xo
kittee

Alicia said...

Yum! I haven't had pizza since I went vegan, and I must say this is bringing on the cravings. By the way, I've nominated you for an award, you can stop by and check that out!

x said...

I haven't seen How To Deal but I do loved Saved! I'll add this to my list. And I loved her in Scrubs, jambalaya!

Your smoothie looks packed with berry goodness and I want a breakfast pizza.

I hope one day we get to have brinner together :)