Words cannot express how much the combination of MoFo and school are kicking my butt right now. I have two exams this week and turned in a major paper Monday. I'm living on 4-5 hours a night, and it's making me crazy. The first time I went to college, I did the same thing for finals. I ended up driving into my best friend's parked car because, in my delirium, I thought my foot was on the brake.
All of that is really just a build up for no Bobby Flay today. However, I was looking through my food porn, and forgot about all the awesome things I tested for Vegan Pie in the Sky! Yay! I seriously heart Isa and Terry. They are, indeed, the best. I got to meet them in person at VVC and they were cooler than cool. Enough glowing...onto PIE!
|sweet potato brazil nut|
|old fashioned chocolate pudding pie|
9. Cosmos Apple Pie-I mostly think of apple pies as boring, but this pie is ridiculously good! It's just piled high with appley goodness...then topped with this cinnamon sugar concoction. Mmmm.
8. Blueberry Ginger Handpies-Are you kidding me?! If I hear ginger, I'm totally there. These things have the added bonus of oozing with blueberry perfection.
|cosmos applie pie|
6. Maple Pecan Pie-Whaaaat?! Yes. The Texan in me was so super happy when I made this. First vegan pecan pie that solidified and had the essence of what a pecan pie is to me. So yum!
5. Banoffee Pie-Bananas, toffee, chocolate shavings. I didn't expect to love this pie as much as I did. I bit into it and actually swooned. Delicious!
|coconut cream pie, lime variation|
4. Pear-Cranberry Gallette-Something about the combo of the buckwheat and the pears just really felt comforting to me. I seriously loved this pie. I had never tried buckwheat flour before and absolutely loved the earthiness!
3. Banana Cookie Cream Pudding-Just when I thought nanner pudding couldn't get any better, Isa and Terry invented this. It is amazing! I took it to a family reunion, and it was devoured.
2. Sweet Potato Brazil Nut Pie-I don't even like sweet potato pie. In fact, I told Terry that I loathed it when she posted the recipe. Something about the island infusion just made me think I'd love this. And I do!!! It completely changed my perspective on sweet potatoe pies. This is fighting for a spot at my Thanksgiving table this year!
|chocolate caramel tart w/ fleur de sel|
1. Lemon Mousse Pies-I am highly outspoken of my love for lemon meringue pie. This is pretty much like that but flipped with the light and airy part on bottom. Plus, there's a gingersnap crust! I LOVE THIS THING! Best lemon pie ever!
|lemon mousse pie|
Tomorrow is the last day of my school week (and the short class day) so I will definitely bring you that Bobby Flay lovin'. Hopefully, I'll even be able to comment on blogs again. Woo!