Thursday, October 13, 2011

VeganMoFo V: Best Thing I Never Ate-Bobby Flay Edition


Have you ever had a meal that changed your freaking life?  That's how I feel today.  I got some sleep, aced my exam, and just finished eating the best burger I've ever had.  This wonderfully awesome gem comes from the burger episode of Best Thing I Ever Ate.  Technically, this should be the adorably Southern Claire Robinson's edition, but it's all about Bobby.

why, hello!
So, Claire was describing a wonderful burger from Bobby's Burger Palace.  This thing is called the Buffalo Burger.  Hot sauce is cooked right into, it and it's topped with this blue cheese sauce (just the sauce recipe, and you probably only need half).  But the kicker is that Claire gets that bad boy crunchified.  We're talking chips on the burger!  Hallelujah, holla back!  This thing is so super killer.

this burger is made of awesome
A couple of weeks ago, while at the library, I spotted Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes.  I need this thing in my life.  The pictures are gorgeous, and everything seems to be completely veganizable.  Plus, the shake section is totally out of this world!  Everything I made today came from that book.  For the burger, though, I used Tami's All-American Incrediburger (replacing some water with hot sauce and brushing with more hot sauce).  Best homemade veggie burger I've ever had!  I've had that thing marked in American Vegan Kitchen forever!  So glad I finally made it!

ah, my sweet, liquid marshmallow
Last, but certainly not least, I made Bobby's Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake!  So good.  I used Veganomicon's ice cream recipe and just followed Bobby's shake recipe.  It was fantabulous.  The only thing I suggest is to go with unsweetened milk AND use an ice cream that is less sweet if you go with store bought.  All that marshmallow action is enough to make you climb the walls.  Seriously...Bobby Flay is a genius.  If I wasn't he wasn't married, I'd totally let him birth my babies.

16 comments:

Richa said...

oh my.. on tall and yumm burger!

Richa @ Hobby And More Food Blog

Scissors and Spice said...

I want to eat that right now!

Rose said...

Over the top! Looks so good, and with a shake too? I'm in cyber heaven. I LOVE the chips on the burger. How did you veganize the blue cheese sauce? I'm searching for a good bleu cheese flavor analogue.

vijita said...

Oh shit yes, Mo!

I love crunchy fried things in my sammiches.

Congrats on the test!

KitteeBee said...

I'm a huge fan of Fritos on my sammy, so I definitely get this.

and...what's that crazy grey/brown thing in your first picture. are you wearing a prosthetic device these days?

xo
kittee

KitteeBee said...

well never mind me! it's your smores milkshake!!!

xo
kittee

Jen Treehugger said...

LOL @ Kittee
I'm so super happy that this burger gets such great reviews from you Mo, a gal can't have too many burger recipes up her sleeve and I'm really excited to try this.
:-)

jessy said...

that's one helluva burger, Mo - and as for that shake....wowzers...i'm speechless! i'll take 2 of each please. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Luciana said...

I need a marshmallow milkshake! The first time I saw someone put chips on a sandwich, I was kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier. That burger looks and sounds amazing!!

Dawn said...

Totally need that burger right now. YUM!!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Wow! I love the idea chips (or crisps as I'd call them!) on a burger!

Tami said...

I am so in love with this post-- and I was even before I saw that you used the incrediburger!

VeganLinda said...

My 11 year old loves to put chips or fries on his veggie burgers. I can't wait to show him this one.

x said...

I knew your Bobby post would be on burgers and this looks like one heck of a burger! Plus the shake, oh my!

Ty (aka Meccabell) said...

Good gracious, girl!! That looks so good.

Erin said...

What a meal! The burger sounds amazing, and that milkshake!