Monday, November 15, 2010

VeganMoFo IV: Momo's First Tea Party


Confession time.  I, Madame A. Monique Martin Esq. III, have never had a tea party before.  Meep!  I know.  So I decided to gather my bestest of friends today and have one kickass cool tea party in the back garden.  So throw on your vegan pearls!  And if you're wearing gloves, make sure they're fingerless because this ain't a party fit for the queen.

Meet the gang:

Smackers, Dino, Rocky, and Rose get a little testy that I'm taking pictures
Smackers wants everybody to know he's drinking organic tropical mate
Tea Party of Awesome Menu
Mini Reubens
Mini Tofu Salad Sandwiches
Cucumber with Devilish Spread
Scones
Cranberry Sauce
Clotted Cream
Assorted Teas

The food was a bit labor intensive because I was feeling lazy yesterday and didn't prep anything at all.  So...  I woke up and baked pumpernickel from scratch for the mini reubens.  All I did for those was marinate some Yves turkey (all I had) in a bit of tamari, crushed garlic, and liquid smoke.  Then I cooked that with drained sauerkraut until the moisture was gone.  Added a little bit of tofutti cheese and some homemade thousand island.

Then I made the tofu egg salad and devilish spread.  The tofu egg salad was tofu, Vegenaise, mustard, onion, celery, salt and pepper.  The devilish spread was the bean mixture from my Deviled Tofu recipe.  I originally came up with this in '07 and always come back to it.  It's something I like to play around with so it's gonna be on my next show with mix-in ideas and such.

Rocky and Rose say "Hi!"  Also..."Check out these sammiches."
zoom in on the tofu egg salad and cranberry sauce

The last things I made were the desserts.  Originally, there was supposed to be lemon curd tarts, but I burned the damn crusts.  Grrr.  So now, I'm just gonna make some lemon curd with the gazillion lemons I have from our tree.  I decided on regular scones, but will most definitely be making these pumpkin ones tomorrow.  By the way, the scones I made today are AMAZING!  I left out the raisins because Era hates them, but they are so super delicious and fluffy.  Mmm.  I served them with this clotted cream.  Just double the recipe because it's delicious and, as is, it's hard to blend until smooth.

Dino wants you to see the scones and is not at all bitter you can't see his face in the other pics

For a first tea party, we had plenty of fun.  We shared lots of laughs and discussed, in depth, our love of Sheldon Cooper.  Mostly, we just ate sandwiches.  Who knows what tomorrow may bring?  Hopefully, more scones.

goodbye, everybody!

39 comments:

Andrea said...

Perfection is a beautiful thing to witness. :D

Anonymous said...

what a lovely post!

BunzOfCinnamon said...

Way too cute!!

celyn said...

Cutest MoFo post f the day!@

Lauren said...

Awesome!

Rose said...

Oh Mo,

This is so fun and LOVELY...it all looks good. I love all your friends! It's a tea party fit for the Queen, but is she fit for it? LOL...just joking...so fun, so delicious looking!

MeloMeals said...

Damn girl, homemade bread and everything! I want to come for tea at your house!

Zoa said...

Ooh, so adorable! And wow, that clotted cream. Those teeny sandwiches. A little red kettle! Good friends that always say just the right thing;-) What a sweet idea!

dreaminitvegan said...

What a cute groupof friends you have.lol!
Okay you woke up this morning and made bread for your mini reubens. Girl you need to come on over I'll preheat the oven for you.
Everything looks so fantastic!

Katie said...

Friggin' adorable. :D

Jackie Smith said...

I'm with you in your Sheldon Cooper love!

Elisabeth said...

OMG! That is absolutely adorable! Can my little plush friends join your tea party next time? I will trade you one of mine for Smackers. Or I can trade you some other stuff for Smackers and I promise, he can have all the organic mate tea that he wants. He can even drink the mate from a real mate gourd with a metal bombilla straw that I have :-)

John McDevitt said...

My penguin Smooshface would like to attend your next tea party. Have your people contact his people.

Fanny said...

I can't believe how ambitious you are! All these stuff looks awesome, really really awesome.

Luciana said...

I want to come to a tea party! I promise to leave a scone or two for everyone else!

Amandah said...

Mo, holy crap. You outdid yourself (and my tea sandwich post!)!!! I am going to make your deviled tofu ASAP, and am totally stealing the idea to have an all-out tea party. love love love!!!

Not A Rabbit said...

Mo, you are a girl after my own heart! :D

What a sweet little tea-party! (I've never had one either!). And what cool friends you have. Scones and clotted cream rock!

Loving your work!

Bazinga.

Sarah S. said...

Cute to the max!

Seglare said...

Looks like a fun party with great company (and amazing food, of course)! :)

Anonymous said...

If veganmofo was a contest I think you won, congratulations on being so awesome!

Johanna said...

This post is SO ADORABLE!!!

And the food sounds delicious too. :)

Leigh said...

Hehe, cute. Clotted cream is one of those things I never tried in my pre-vegan days. I may need to whip up some of that.

Anonymous said...

How fun - and such good food! I'm going to buy my girls a tea set for Christmas because I can't wait to sit and have a tea party with them!

jessy said...

i wish i had a lemon tree. so awesome on your first tea party, Mo! i've never had one either - so don't be ashamed. ;) i love Dino the mostest, hoooooray for scrumptious scone success (never have i eaten a scone before), and kick booty for making your own pumpernickel from scratch! best tea party ever. w00t!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Tea party! You're so awesome, I've wanted to have a tea party for ages but you can never trust the weather in England! I'm going to have one next spring anyway & if it rains we'll have to sit under umbrellas!

erin32mc said...

Great idea. And so glad you linked the recipe to vegan clotted cream. THANK YOU!!! I'm making scones for sure this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, awesome! I had been wanting to make a tea party post but didn't know who would attend, and now I'm jealous that I didn't come up with the stuffed animal idea first.

Jess said...

Oh! This is so awesome! And the clotted cream!
*swoons*

Sarah said...

I hereby guarantee Livi will be your friend! <3

x said...

Mo, you are the most adorable girl in the world!

I love that you had a tea party with your bestest buds, I'm going to have to do the same if I can get the cats to sit still and hold tea cups!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Sarah-Yay!!!!!

Mandee-Hahaha. I would love to see a tea party with your cats. No way my dogs would want an actual party. They'd just scarf all the food and leave!

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest photo I ever seen I love tea parties and your menu sounds good..I need to do a tea party
Excellent job Mo..u always make me smile.

Allysia said...

This is...the best thing I have ever seen. :) Now I want to have a tea party!

Anonymous said...

I love mini reubens!

LJ said...

You are so freakin' cute I can't stand it! Love. This. Post.

xoxo,
LJ

Islaborg said...

Awesome, I'm coming over! No, but really.. I am rather jealous, that looks like a lot of (delicious) fun. :)

Veg-In-Training said...

Freaking adorable

Anonymous said...

Um. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'd like to come over for a tea party, please!

Anonymous said...

This definitely goes on my to do list. :)