Wednesday, November 24, 2010

VeganMoFo IV: Insert Video (or Pie) Here


Last weekend I filmed this video, hoping I'd have it done on Monday.  Alas, that didn't happen.  Here it is.  Better late than never. :)  Also, I can't figure out how to get rid of the black bars.  I tried using the formatting tag and it's driving me crazy!  Anybody know?


Recipes found here.

But I am about to start baking.  I'm doing Isa's triple apple cider bundt and the pumpkin cheesecake from 500 Vegan Recipes.

All of this got me to thinking about pie.  Who am I kidding?  I've been thinking about it since Sunday or so.  I was trying to remember what we've had for the past few years.  I know a common theme is pecan and lemon.  I've already told you how they were my beloved pregan favorites.  I really love pumpkin cheesecake too.  Not so much with the pumpkin pie, though.  The only real constant is that I make no less than two desserts.  That's how it was when I grew up because I hate hate hate sweet potato pie and that's my family's jam.  The other types we had were my Aunt Evelyn's cheesecake, lemon meringue, maybe peach cobbler, and I think I remember a cherry pie once.  I'll leave you with a history of pie at our vegan Thanksgiving...

pumpkin pie cheesecake, Thanksgiving '07
smlove, Thanksgiving '07
chocolate bourbon pecan pie, Thanksgiving '08
lemon bars, Thanksgiving '08
lemon pie with cheesecake and shortbread topping and pecan pie fail, Thanksgiving '09

5 comments:

panda with cookie said...

A stunning tour o' the pie.

kmouse said...

YUM PIE!!!

Jen Treehugger said...

Did someone say pie? I'm there. Is that lemon cheesecake pie recipe on your blog? I'll have a scoot see. Happy Thanksgiving Mo - hope you have an awesome day.
xxxx

x said...

I love the video, Mo! Esp. you peeking out from behind the water fountain!

All of your recipes sound yummo, you got me cravin' pasta salad now!

Amey said...

mo, you are the bestest! Hope you are having a wonderful thanksgiving! I love the video, and I love the walk done memory-pie-lane!!
xo