Thursday, November 18, 2010

VeganMoFo IV: Ain't Nothin' But a Pizza Party...Party...


I am in a serious funk right now.  You know when you think you've offended somebody, but don't know how to ask without sounding cuckoo?  That's how I've felt and the paranoia has turned me into a ball of nerves and inexplicable guilt.  So, today I wanted nothing more than something quick and easy to do for MoFo.  What's quicker and easier than pizza?  How about pizza that doesn't involve making dough or sauce?

chasing daylight: pizzas on my favoritest piggy cutting board
Pita, polenta, and sourdough pizzas!  The pita pizza is stuffed with ricotta, a brilliant idea I got from Tahinitoo!  I topped it with pesto, a small bit of Daiya, and fresh tomato.  The only thing I had to make here was the pesto, which took all of 30 seconds.


The polenta pizza was a small round topped with soyrizo and Daiya.  Then, I added a bit of sour cream.  Next time, I will definitely make the polenta less thick with a bigger surface because I wanted crunch and there wasn't any.  Also, I should have added avocado.  Word.


The sourdough pizza was topped with mac n cheeze.  It sounds weird, but it really is the best in decadent pizzas!  Usually, there is a bit of cheese sauce added before the mac goes on.  I was feeling way too lazy for that and just did a pat of Earth Balance.  I added broccoli because I always feel like there has to be greenery in a field of all yellow.


Well, I'm gonna get back to this Angel marathon.  I'm blaming my extreme need for Whedon shows on the PPK and the power of suggestion!

Tomorrow is a post dedicated to breakfast and Saturday's will be about my second gay cake attempt.  Truly excited!  I have some blogs to read.  Peace out.

14 comments:

panda with cookie said...

I like that pig cutting board.

Rose said...

A truly marvelous array of pizzas. Each one is brilliant in its own way...I want to try all of these in future!

Sorry you're in a funk. :( Hope things clear soon.

John McDevitt said...

Now you're talking my language. PIZZA.

GiGi said...

Hey you didn't offend me at all ;)
everybody uses me as an excuse for pesto pie. Yum.

Allysia said...

Angel! I just recently finished a Buffy marathon, so it might be time to start that series! The power of suggestion, indeed :P

sgcorrie said...

When I worked in pizza, myself and my coworkers used to make pizzas for ourselves out of the loaves of bread destined for garlic bread.

So, yeah, I totally get sourdough pizza!

I hope the kink unkinks itself!

radioactivegan said...

Those look delicious, but I am mostly excited to see your next gay cake masterpiece! Have a better day tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

Mm, pizza. I could go for some pizza, sounds comforting right about now. I should try polenta crust sometime.

Also, your writing encouragement is much appreciated. Makes me want to keep pounding out that novel. And if you ever feel like hopping back in, I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Now I want pizza, and it's my bedtime!

Tami said...

You can never have enough pizza.

You are a mofo maniac! You comment on every blog I've seen. How do you do it?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes pizza!!! It's been a few weeks ago since I had some. I think I make some this weekend. I have this new vegan 'cheese' waiting in my fridge.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Tami-Well, I am in a perpetual state of unemployment so that helps. Haha. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking all three looks good. I like the idea for the polenta pizza. Word to the avocado for sure ;)
ps- Thanks for the salsa verde shout out!

x said...

I am sure you havn't offended anyone Mo, you're too cool for tha. And pizza is a great way to get your mind off things. I'm really in love with the little polenta one, I have to do that! And you're right, it's crying out for avo!