Friday, October 31, 2008

VeganMoFo: Fin

So long! Farewell! If I knew how to spell the word, I'd type it right here! Good niiiiight. Good niiiiight. Gooooood niiiiiiight.

It has been so freaking awesome seeing vegans blog on the regular. I have laughed. I have cried. Not really. But the laughing was fun. I've definitely been in awe. It feels a little like what I'd imagine the last day of summer camp felt like. KIT! Stay cool! BFF!

I made dirt cake today. Actually, it wasn't so much "dirt cake" as it was "I spent 5 hours in Midas and didn't have time to go to Whole Foods for ingredients and I had to use up some super ripe bananas" cake.
Aren't the gummi worms cute? And they aren't even sour. After making this, I decided I wasn't going to use the Banyan Foods (based out of H Town) silken tofu for sweets anymore. It has an off taste. Almost bitter.

And I also lucked out as I waited for my car because I discovered a crazy recipe whilst thumbing through GQ Magazine. Mac N Cheeze soup! I veganized it, but I'll get the recipe posted soon.
Well, just wanted to say that it's been fun getting to know so many of you over this past month. I hope to still read stuff from y'all. I'm not gonna lie. I'm probably taking a sabbatical from cooked foods. I may even do the master cleanser because my stomach needs a break. For VeganMoFo, Martin OUT!

And...one more thing...HAPPY HALLOWEEN, Y'ALL! Stay safe. Don't eat any unwrapped candy, human or otherwise!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

aww you're so cute/sexy/pretty!

love the soup!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Oh duh! I just realized you had another blog, I thought you just had the Lone Star Plate one. What a dummy!

YAY for dirt cake!! Your costume is adorable and you are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Your costume looks awesome! The maccaroni and chese soup sounds and looks great, and yes, the worms are cute.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you veganized a recipe from GQ Magazine and Mac N Cheeze soup at that! How wonderful!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, Mac N Cheeze soup!

x said...

Great outfit, Mo!

Bex said...

Hot!!

and mac & cheese soup? I look forward to the recipe.

Jen Treehugger said...

You're a GREAT MoFo'er so glad to have found your blog.
Good work pretty lady!
:)