Tuesday, October 16, 2012

VeganMoFo VI: When Party Time Met Excellent


I'm back!  No, I did not give up on MoFo.  I just am horrible at time management.  Since I failed miserably at posting during breakfast week, there will be bonus posts throughout the rest of MoFo.  Today...I'm jumping in with my PARTAY theme.  Let's begin with the last and first party of the year: New Year's Eve!

NYE MENU OF DOOM
Pear and Ginger Mimosas
Black Eyed Pea Dip (veganized suggestions below)

Decorations
Hats, Streamers, Silver and Black

Movies
When Harry Met Sally, Ghostbusters II, and 200 Cigarettes

Soundtrack
Auld Lang Syne, 1999 by Prince, and Next Year by Foo Fighters

i put my hand upon them chips, then i dip, you dip, we dip
The black eyed pea dip is super easy to veganize and customize.  I didn't have pickled jalapenos and forgot to buy hot sauce so I just threw in a fresh serrano and added some cayenne.  I think I'd add a level of smoky to this next time.  Either liquid smoke or smoked paprika.  Either way, this was seriously good and those peas give a girl good luck!

liquid boobies?
For the pear and ginger mimosas, I used pear juice and crystallized ginger cubes.  However, I suggest getting pear nectar for the pear to really shine through.  That last little bite of ginger is the absolute best, though!

Tomorrow, I'll be throwing a little "love" your way with some truly insane Valentine's ideas.


No comments: