1.Relax-I really need to slow down and think about myself. Two weeks ago I made a detailed schedule in order to fit writing into my day. What I forgot to put on the schedule: meals. What the hell is that?! So, I will be redoing those schedules and getting myself into set feeding times so that I eat enough and don't feel like I'm forcing myself into my own schedule.
2.More Sleep-I really have to work on this. Most people can live off of 7.5 or so hours. But I really need at least 8 to function. More than that is better. I get so foggy headed and irritable if I don't sleep.
3.Convenience Eating-I always knew I was victim to this, but I realized grabbing a rice cake is enough to curb the hunger long enough to make a real meal.
4.Sweets-Probably the hugest thing is that I realized my addiction to sweet things can be controlled with fruit. I never knew this was possible because I thought I had tried and failed before. But a nice nectarine is so much better than a cookie. More than that, I realized that baked goods aren't about the sugar as much as they are about the memories attached to them. A-ha moment for realz!
In the end, what I wanted more than anything was to prove that I was in control of what I ate. Mostly because I wasn't in control for a lot of my life. So realizing what I am capable of gives me a happy. I've decided that after VeganMoFo, I will continue on the healthy path. Maybe not doing mosaics but definitely using this as a food/exercise journal.
Tomorrow is budget week and I'm starting with brunch! So, I'm gonna try to get some sleep and leave you with this pic of today's breakfast. They're gluten free yeast free waffles from Trader Joe's. These were fan-freaking-tastic!
Oh, and I finally did that survey. So tired right now. Goodbye health week! Hellooooo Cheapskate McGee!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond milk. Plain Almond Breeze.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Not sure, though I plan to do some stuff from Vegan Brunch this weekend.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Depends. Salt. Nooch, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Uh, the very first time I made seitan it was like chewing gum...and it was stuffed! And I was serving my parents!
5. Favorite pickled item?
Okra fo sho. Last Thanksgiving we went to several stores trying to buy more pickled okra.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
My cookbooks are on a separate shelf from my other books. I arrange them by height because it drives me crazy if tall books are sandwiched between short ones. Did I not say I was neurotic?! My internet recipes are organized by category on my computer.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash, though I'd love to compost.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
seitan piccata, something with chocolate, watermelon
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Sunday breakfast that my mom used to cook, as long as it didn't involve omelettes (blech)
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent Pomegranate Chip or Choc Chip Cookie Dough
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
How It All Vegan was the first one I owned. I got it 8 years ago.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
pesto pasta salad
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I like seitan best but my stomach doesn't so...tofu
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
cereal, foil, plastic wrap
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
jars full of various nuts and seeds, passion fruit vodka, and frozen peas.
20. What's on your grocery list?
I shop mostly based on the weekly menu. Stuff I always have: bananas, tofu, lettuce of some kind.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Clark's Nutrition is my one stop vegan shop.
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Hardee's cinnamon raisin biscuits
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
I don't know
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Mambas or licorice
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
vegan caviar? Dr. Cow's little morsel of cashew cheese?
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Natto. Just thinking about it creeps me out.