Sunday, September 21, 2014

VeganMoFo VIII: How to Throw a Party Like a BOSS


In seven years of MoFo, an entry has never left me exhausted...until now.

In case you haven't heard, I loves to throw me a party!  My ultimate goal with any party is to ensure my guests have a great time and know how much I appreciate them.  So, when my roommate and I decided to finally have a housewarming celebration, we went all out.  The theme: Stuffed!  Stuffed foods and all that jazz.  It was predominantly vegan (only two non-vegan dishes which are NOT featured here), and I'm the only vegan.  Haha.  And you bet your booties the food was devoured!  Check it:
my favorite dish of the night...stuffed mushrooms!
STUFFED! Menu
Chips and homemade salsas

Veggie tray w/ hummus

Mini Tomatoes Stuffed w/ Kale Pesto Orzo
Pakoras and Samosas w/ Tamarind Chutney
Homemade Bean Gorditas w/ Cabbage and Salsas
Epic Stuffed Mushrooms
Deviled Cukes
Parmela Creamery Kalamata Spread w/ Crackers
Vegan Cocktail Meatballs

Cupcake. Filling. Station.

Beer
Wine
Rum-Soaked Vegan Gummi Bears
Watermelon Tequila Shots
Eden (Gin, St. Germain, Cucumber Simple Syrup, Lime, Club Soda)

my friend made this flyer.  best thing ever.
deviled cukes. used my deviled tofu recipe but replaced the tofu with mostly hollowed out English cucumber.
The biggest surprise of the night was how much these omnivores were loving some vegan food.  My deviled cucumbers went super fast.  And they were insane over those stuffed mushrooms (recipe in a later entry).  I always tell people that if you give people really good food that doesn't claim to replace anything, they will be receptive to it.  Example: Instead of making deviled tofu, I simply stuffed some cucumbers with my deviled tofu spread.  People are more receptive to seeing something they normally eat served in a different way.

yes.  i have pig-shaped everything.  orzo stuffed tomatoes.
My roommate was making homemade salsas, corn tortillas, beans, and throwing together the gorditas. She also brought the delightful samosas and pakoras AND fresh dates, y'all!  We were rocking out in that kitchen.

Now, the cupcake station was my friend's idea!  They were in the dessert room (yes...room).  We were originally just doing cookies n cream cupcakes, but I LOVED the idea of having people stuff their own cupcakes.  I don't have any pictures because my cupcake tower broke so the presentation was lacking.  Sniffle.  There was frosting, pecans, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.  Devoured.

watermelon tequila shots, sucka!
please excuse the paint under my nails.  it refuses to move.  oh, and hey gurl...boozy gummies!
Every good party has to up that booze game.  First and foremost, have PLENTY of non-alcoholic drinks for the designated drivers and people who don't drink.  Second...don't bore people.  Responsible drinking can be fun and even delightful.  The tequila shots were found online.  The premise: soak watermelon, salt limes, skewer.  The gummi bears were suggested by a friend.  I recommend soaking in something like Malibu.  As for the jello shots...they are a recipe I came up with and they FORKING RULE!  Recipe coming tomorrow because I'm still recovering from this party and all the dancing.

I'll leave with some pictures of friends I drunkenly took after demanding that people start dancing.  Haha.

not pictured (the ten people standing beside me, the people in the living room, the people in the dessert room, the people outside).  like a boss.
my kinda party guest!
Special thanks to Isabel (my roommate), Roy (our fantabulous deejay for the night), and Gina for being the first house guest, kitchen helper, and providing me with so many photos!  Woo!

4 comments:

Panda With Cookie said...

Cupcake filling station! Best.

foodfeud said...

BOOZY Gummies!!! Love it. What an awesome theme.

Anonymous said...

Holy epic, that's how a shaker is done! Love your poster for the party.

vegan.in.brighton said...

That sounds like a totally rocking party, I love the idea of the Malibu gummies and the cupcake station and I want your adorable piggie plate. The poster's rad too!