Monday, September 1, 2014

VeganMoFo VIII: Ginger or Death!



Welcome to Mo Betta Mondays!  I thought I'd kick off MoFo by sharing my favorite ingredient with you...ginger.  For realsies.  Anybody who knows me, knows that I have an obsession with ginger.  If I read that anything has ginger as an ingredient, I'm trying it.  I regularly keep ginger candies in the house for the occasional bout of nausea caused by my chronic pain medication.

Not only is ginger an amazing flavor, it also happens to be an ancient homeopathic remedy.  It's perfect for nausea, helps with vertigo, soothes digestion, boosts immunity, and battles inflammation.  If I feel a cold starting up, I always load some soup with tons of garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper.  It really does make the difference.

Ginger ice cream and ginger candy all day, son!
Last night, I had a hankering for something super gingery, so I flipped through Isa Does It and became enamored with the Omaha Yakisoba.  Sho nuff...that ish is legit!  I love the pops of sweet corn.  You need to try it, like, NOW!

This picture does not do it justice.  Seriously...make this now.
Dudes.  I am so obsessed with ginger that I plan to get it tattooed on my person (and my mother will dislike my decision for the rest of my life).  Haha.  But there is no other ingredient that I enjoy more.  No other ingredient takes me to a happy place with a mere hint of its awesomeness.  No other ingredient can feel fiery and sweet, warming and exciting..all at the same time.  All hail ginger!

4 comments:

Panda With Cookie said...

Hell yes to that ice cream.

Unknown said...

Ginger's the best--and it would make a bonkers cool tattoo.

That Coconut Bliss ginger cookie ice cream is one of my favorites!

Susan said...

That yakisoba is amazing!

I love ginger, especially if I am under the weather. But juice places never take me 'please put in all the ginger in the world' requests seriously.

Amey said...

Oooh! I've never tried that ice cream OR the yakisoba, but I do love ginger and all things gingery!

Also I LOVE your mofo themes! We're off & running!