Monday, September 22, 2014

VeganMoFo VIII: Banana Split Gel Shots


As promised in yesterday's party post, I have a fabulous recipe for jello shots.  These are pretty damn tasty and effective.  I was shocked how fast these went down.  For this recipe, I opted for boxed vegan gelatin which is readily available to me.  If you don't have access to that, stay tuned because I've been working on a recipe that involves agar.  Here we go...

another pic taken by Gina.  must remember to photograph everything before the party.  haha.
Banana Split Gel Shots
(makes about 20)

Marashino cherries w/ stems
3 ounce box vegan cherry jel dessert (like Gefen)
1 cup water
½ cup chocolate whipped flavored vodka
½ cup banana liqueur
vegan whipped cream (store bought or homemade)
sprinkles

Take 20 souffle cups and place one cherry in each one.  In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.  Add alcohol and let come to a simmer.  Remove from heat into a glass measuring cup, and add the vegan gelatin.  Stir until thoroughly combined.  Pour into the souffle cups and let chill until set.

Right before serving, pipe on a small dollop of whipped cream and add sprinkles.  Enjoy responsibly!

All right y'all.  For the remainder of MoFo, I'm challenging myself to post multiple times a day because I missed last week.  Party on!

3 comments:

Kendy P said...

i have not gotten into vegan jello after being a sickly kid who was given hospital jello one to many times. with that being said i could totally dig on your banana shots and would enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

These look so fun to make! Now I'm going to have to go out and see if I can find vegan gelatin!

Erika said...

YUMMERZ. FYI, evolutionofjill, you can often find vegan gelatin desserts in South Asian or Middle Eastern grocery stores.