Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vegan MoFo VII: The Road So Far...


This post was supposed to go up yesterday.  The contents of this post made me go full on "itis."  This post is like honey badger...it don't care.

If you've never heard of Supernatural, you need to go to Netflix...right-the-fork-now...and get on it.  It's a simple story of two delectable brothers, traveling the country, and working through some serious daddy issues.  It's filled with humor, fun, badassery, and the rugged sex appeal of Dean Mothatrucking Winchester!

Seriously.  Dean tops my list of fictional characters I'd lay the mack on.  Mmm...Dean.  Ahem.  Because Supernatural deals in demons and monsters, I decided to get all crazy and veganize the omni monstrosity known as a fatty melt, but with a Native Foods Oklahoma bacon cheeseburger twist!  See, Dean loves road food.  He loves burgers, beers, pizza...anything brown really.  And this, my friends, is the ultimate in brown food.

No veggies, ya idjit!
The Winchester Oklahoma Bacon Fatty Melt Layering System
1 grilled mac n cheese sandwich
bbq sauce
burger patty of choice
tofu bacn strips, tofu bacn strips, tofu bacn strips
sauteed mushrooms and onions
deep fried pickles
ranch
1 grilled mac n cheese sandwich

Number of people it takes to eat this: 4 normal people or 1 Dean Winchester
Yes.  The buns on this thing are grilled cheese sandwiches stuffed with mac n cheese.  It's seriously delicious stuff!  My word is as sacred as a Crossroads Demon when I say: this is no joke.  I don't recommend eating more than half.  Haha.

Should you decide to make this, turn on the oven to keep all elements warm until you can build the ultimate in sandwich monstrosities!

Oh, and because we all know Dean gets a little crankypants without his pie...

Dean, don't you cry no more...

23 comments:

Erika said...

WOMAN, YOU ARE KIDDING ME. This is incredible. It's like you made a meal that's just as sexy as Dean Winchester. Now I'm confused, I wanna sex on the sandwich and eat Dean. You've made me into a monster! Damn you and your delicious witchcraft!

Emily said...

Flipping heck, that's amazing looking!

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

Dang!

omgoshimvegan said...

OMG I'm dying here! That looks crazy good.

Megan said...

Holy. Moly.

KitteeBee said...

Ok let's be honest with each other. I have no idea what any of those cultural references are, but a girl knows some crazy fucking shit when she sees some. its all plus one yummy up in here.

Erinwiko said...

WHAT! This is amazing.

Rachel said...

I am completely in awe and a little in love with you right now. OMG everything about this is like sunshine and unicorns.

Amber Gilewski said...

I think I'm having a vegan heart attack just looking at the picture (in a good, no cholesterol kinda way)! Oh lardy!

Amey said...

Ha ha, yes, I am with Kittee on this one! I have no idea what or who you are talking about, BUT I do know that you have created a true culinary masterpiece!!! Brava!

Sarah said...

For you, as a reward well done, a tumblr full of supernatural gifs. Animated gifs. http://allthesupernaturalgifs.tumblr.com/tagged/somanyfeelings

vegan.in.brighton said...

OMFG, this is one of the best things I've EVER seen! Marry me?!

River said...

Oh, you... this... it's... I can't... you killed me! OK then, THIS is quite possibly the best blog post ever in the history of blogging. The perfection! Brown food, pie, idjit, 4 normal people or 1 Dean Winchester, the video - I am dead. You win the internets!

PS: Dean would totally devour that sandwich and ask for seconds.

Kelly Peloza said...

So I haven't seen Supernatural, but HOLY CRAP that super sandwich is out of this world.

Anonymous said...

You win at sandwiches!!!

Anonymous said...

I...I...I can't even...this right here is a thing of beauty. You not only win at sandwiches, you win at life!

Katie said...

This was just as amazing as I thought it would be. I really want to make this while watching (pre-season seven) episodes!

Susan said...

Best. Sandwich. Ever.
I love Supernatural, and I am definitely a Dean girl.
I met all three boys at a convention once. *swoon*

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

That sandwich looks freakin amazing.

I love this post on so many levels.

You're gonna get me some pie!

Anonymous said...

"The buns on this thing are grilled cheese sandwiches stuffed with mac n cheese. "

MARRY ME.

x said...

That sandwich is both scary and appealing! I have never watched SNL because I think it would be too scary for me, but I am loving your tv food theme :)

kelly g. said...

Officially my favorite post of Vegan MoFo VII. Eye of the Tiger good.

Kris said...

I would like to take the sentiments of all the above comments, combine them into mine, and send them right back at you. Holy Jeebus. Bless you and all of your kindred for all time.