Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Like Home

After the day I've had, I was craving nothing more than a taste of home. I had to work with my minimal ingredients, as it's time to pick up some more produce. The other day, AdamCrisis of the PPK posted some tacos with a cheezy sauce that looked so silky I just had to know what was going on.

So tacos were on my mind. Let me clarify: bean and cheeze tacos. This time, I had to have some tortillas. So I made the cheeze sauce in this blog entry. It was so friggin good! And just as smooth as pictured. But the best part was that it wasn't super noochy. I mean, it has nooch in it, but the flavor is smooth and velvety. It was fantastic! Seriously. Make that cheeze sauce today.

And I just want to tell everybody to make Eddie G's tortillas right now! I originally saw them over at Lone Star Plate. They are super easy and really, really good. So fluffy and delightful. If you don't already know, I hate hate hate working with dough. The feeling of dough between my fingers gives me a bit of anxiety. So this dough was easy to work with, not sticky but very malleable. This will be my go to recipe from now on.

**EDIT**I forgot to say that I used water instead of almond milk because I didn't have any. I also made six instead of eight because I totally didn't read that it was for eight.

Happy Friday to all!

3 comments:

Eddie G said...

Thanks for the plug, Mo! So glad you like my Grandma's tortillas...they *are* super easy to make, but I sure do miss having them made for me :)

Jen Treehugger said...

Sorry to hear about your day - that is super creepy!But way to go with making Taco's!

aTxVegn said...

Eww, how creepy and weird. I've had my car broken into and it is such a feeling of being violated. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

On the other hand, I've had my eye on Eddie's tortillas. Now I really want to make them, even though I can buy 3 dozen fresh baked store bought ones for a buck!