Sunday, September 27, 2009

Is It Fall Yet?

Well, it's the end of September and we are still in the triple digits over here.  And to add to the super happy fun times, my air conditioner isn't working!  Great.  So, I can't cook anything if it doesn't take longer than two minutes.  I've been sorta busy as well.  I started taking classes and began writing again.  So that's been truly fun.  I needed to focus on something because being away from home with no friends was weighing on me.

In fantastical news, Vegan Month of Food (VeganMofo) begins on Thursday and I thought about what I'm gonna do.  Once again, I'm going to break my themes up by calendar week because it's easier that way.

Days 1-3 (Week 1): These will be freebies.  I honestly don't know what I'm going to do exactly.  The palate challenge will probably be one of these days and I still have to organize the other two.  Isa had this Epicurious game which seems pretty fun.  That will also probably be one of my days.

Week 2: Health Week.  I'm going to be doing photo mosaics of the food I ate that day and what exercises I did.  This is mostly to kick my butt into gear again.  Plus, I didn't have a health week last year, and my stomach did not like me by the end of the month.

Week 3: Budget Week.  I pride myself on my thriftiness, but I've never put it to the test.  I'm gonna try to make really delicious meals for super cheap.  We'll see how it goes.

Week 4: Holidays/Fall Meals.  I really wanted to do some seasonal stuff, so this will be the week.  I can't wait.  I think fall food is my favorite, followed closely by spring.

Week 5: Food Memories.  I can't wait for this week.  I love reliving those memories.  Plus, Halloween is such a great way to end this thing.

So these are my themes.  I also plan to do Movie Mondays (pairing movies and meals) and Food Network Fridays (veganizing FN meals) every week.  So I have to go get organized on this.  See you on Thursday!

8 comments:

Cooking Vegan With Soul said...

Faith: (staring at your post like a deer in headlights, and then running in the OPPOSITE DIRECTIN.) I.can't.handle.THIS!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

Sorry. I'll be quiet now.
(Faith slinks away and hopes she can sleep without having Vegan MoFo nightmares, LOL!)

x said...

I like that you have your VeganMoFo planned out so well!

I was just going to continue doing cookbooks but I think I will need to change it up a bit.

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

This is a great plan..maybe i need to make one!!

Tami said...

I really want to do a palate challenge, too....you've got such a great idea there!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Faith-No way! I was totally like this last year. If I couldn't make something on a particular day, I wrote stories (growing up vegetarian, family traditions, etc). That goes a long way. Also pics of your fridge or pantry.

Mandee-I have to plan it out otherwise it overwhelms me and I feel like I'm forgetting something! I love the cookbook thing. I'm trying to incorporate some of that into my mofo-ing as well. LOL

Mihl-I'm excited too! I kinda float in and out of blogging, but I am determined to post everyday of mofo this year.

Lacey-I freak out if I don't get organized. It is pretty crazy. I have my layout down to the exact days and the recipes I'm thinking of doing for that day.

Tami-We have to make this happen! I made a list of foods that would be good for a palate challenge. Maybe I'll post that today.

laura said...

i feel so slack for not having a veganmofo plan. :-)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your MOFO posts! I love the idea of doing a health week. I'm going to be doing a juice cleanse this weekend, so I'll probably have a whole log of boring looking pictures of juice to post- ha!

Anonymous said...

You do have an awesome plan! I am personally a little excited for "health week" as I love hearing about people's workouts. That's my job :)