Monday, July 13, 2009

Food Art

So my friend, Kayla, is auctioning off her hamburger bed. I am linking to this auction for three reasons. 1) She really needs the money. 2) This is inspiring art. 3) When, I look at it I see a boca burger and some FYH cheddar. What, what?!
Kayla is a fantastic artist and a lover of food. When I asked her if the materials used were vegan she said "Hmmm... I have no idea... Everything I have was the cheapest I could get..." Particularly, I asked about down, leather and silk. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say: vegan, though there is no 100% confirmation. However, she bought the mattress and sewed everything else together herself using inexpensive sheets and pillows.

Basically, you can gaze in awe or tell a friend or whatever. If you are anything like me...you can loathe yourself for not being nearly this creative or food obsessed.

**ETA: The auction has ended and the final bid was $3,050! Woo!**

2 comments:

Jen said...

i'd totally sleep in a hamburger bed if i could.

Jen Treehugger said...

That is AWESOME!
Clever friend. I hope she gets the money she deserves for such a creative piece!