|Saint Lucian Bake, grapefruit, Everyday Vegan Ham, scramble|
|Herbed Sada Roti and Eggplant Choka|
|Dal Puri Roti w/ Sauteed Spinach|
|Dal Puri Roti w/ Curried TVP Stew|
|Chickpea Curry and Spinach Rice|
1. Bajan Seasoning: Super easy to make and adds so much flavor to the dishes. It makes a lot and lasts up to a year in the fridge. Love this stuff!
2. Bajan Pepper Sauce: Bright yellow and seriously flavorful. This is spicy and great. Another recipe that is used a lot in the book to flavor dishes.
3. Green Mango Chutney: Unlike the mango chutney I'm used to, this is not sweet. It's salty and garlicky, a pleasant surprise!
4. Creole Sauce: I'd like to bathe in this...or at least drink it from a cup. It's this wonderful tomato based sauce filled with slivered onions. So good over the tofish and cou-cou.
5. Saint Lucian Bakes: This was my first time ever seeing a recipe that used baking powder call for a dough rise. It really makes a fluffy, chewy, crusty combo that just cannot be beat.
6. Herbed Sada Roti: These take about 3 hours to make, but they are so damn worth it. The edges get pillowy and delicious.
7. Eggplant Choka: Simple, spicy, and undeniably delicious. This is a classic breakfast dish in the Caribbean and I can see why!
8. Curried TVP Stew: This is rich and has so much depth of flavor! It calls for Marmite or Vegemite, which adds a nice beefy undertone.
9. Chickpea Curry: I fell in love with this! The eyes-roll-back-in-your-head kinda love. So flavorful and delicious. Very simple to make as well.
10. Everyday Vegan Ham: This ham really reminded me of the stuff I used to eat at Christmas. Spiced beautifully with a great smoky flavor.
11. Trinidadian Doubles: Streamline this process by making the chutney and filling while the bara rises. This is really an epic meal. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon so you can take doubles for lunch all week. Drool.
12. Cou-Cou and Tofish: Amazing! Anything with okra is automatically awesome in my book. I really like the tofish marinade. Just delicious!
13. Spinach Rice: A super simple side, but really satisfying.
14. Dal Puri Roti: Just wrap me up in this stuff. Flaky roti filled with dal. Nuff said.
15. Sauteed Spinach: The dish seems really simple, but it is mighty flavorful. Spicy and delicious!
16. Banana Bread: Dense, moist, delicious. Not too sweet. The first banana bread I didn't feel the need to smear with Earth Balance. Fantastic straight out of the fridge!
17. Coconut Flan: This is creamy and delicious. Really easy to make. Not overly sweet. The pineapple and cherry addition makes it super purty.
So, hopefully, I've done this book justice. I absolutely adore it! I love getting excited about new cookbooks and this one has so many things to "Squeeee" about!